Symplified Surpasses 3 Million Users in 2011 as Cloud Usage Soars
Market Share Leader Triples Licensed Users as Demand for Cloud Identity and Access Management Service Takes Off
BOULDER, Colo., Jan. 11, 2012 – Symplified®, the Cloud Identity Company, today announced that in 2011 it nearly tripled revenues year-over-year and increased customer adoption by 300 percent to surpass 3 million licensed users extending its lead in the cloud identity and access management (IAM) market. The company continued to set the standard for innovation last year with the introduction of the only mobile IAM solution for cloud apps and the first rapid deployment option for workgroups called Symplified ONE™. Symplified also stated that it will announce a new round of venture capital financing in the near future.
According to industry research firm IDC, 80 percent of new commercial enterprise apps will be deployed on cloud platforms in 2012. Meanwhile Forrester Research predicts that by the end of 2012, cloud customers will already be using more than 10 different cloud apps on average. This wide scale adoption of cloud services and the migration of users and critical data into the cloud is creating access control, single sign-on, integration and audit challenges for organizations – all of which are addressed by the Symplified Cloud IAM service.
“In 2011 we saw massive adoption of infrastructure as a service (IaaS) as companies of all sizes were moving to the cloud to become more nimble, efficient and roll out new applications quickly. What they realized was the lack of and need for identity and access management capabilities to enable a range of users including employees, customers and partners to securely access cloud, Web and mobile apps,” said Eric Olden, CEO and founder of Symplified. “In 2012 we see convergence – the seamless combination of identity across platforms and mobile devices creating breakthrough user experiences – as the big theme. Our investment of more than $20 million into the Symplified platform and especially in access control, mobile IAM and Symplified ONE for workgroups enables organizations to take advantage of this convergence with rapid to deploy, centralized and easy to manage security for all their Web apps and data.”
* Revenues increased nearly 300 percent year over year
* Adoption was up more than 300 percent with more than 3,000,000 licensed users
* Both blue chip enterprises like HP, Blue Shield, BMC Software, CSC, Forest Laboratories, Moody’s, Zurich Insurance and rapidly growing companies such as Zynga, Netflix, American Hospital Association, Design Within Reach, Elan Pharma, and Dolby Laboratories and many others rely on Symplified for cloud identity
* Expanded into Europe and Asia Pacific, and opened new regional offices in North America
* Developed first Cloud IAM solution to secure iPad, Kindle Fire, iPhone, and Android devices
* Introduced Symplified ONE – the easiest, fastest to deploy and lowest risk entry-level solution for cloud identity
* Made major automation, performance and reliability enhancements to Symplified Trust Cloud™ on Amazon. Trust Cloud made available in Japan, Asia Pac and Europe
* Named a SINET 16 Innovator. The SINET Showcase is supported by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Science & Technology Directorate
* Named AlwaysON Global 250 Top Private Company
* Selected by Network World as Cool Tool for Cloud Management
* Named Top 20 Cloud Security Vendor for 2011 by CRN
* Finalist at the RSA Conference Most Innovative Company Showcase
* Completed integration with leading OpenStack platform management vendor Cloud.com (now Citrix)Established strategic partnerships with CSC, Cipher Cloud, IC Synergy, GCA, iRise and Solstice
Symplified provides seamless single sign-on, identity and access management services to help enterprise around the world safely and securely connect users to cloud, web and mobile applications. Symplified is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado and can be found on the Web at www.symplified.com.