Symplified Delivers Enhanced Cloud Access Management for Google Apps
BOULDER, Colo., September 9, 2009–Symplified, the Cloud security company, today announced that its SinglePoint platform now integrates with Google AppsTM to provide centralized, granular access control, single sign-on (SSO), and auditing for enterprise users of the popular online collaboration suite. SinglePoint addresses advanced policy enforcement, regulatory compliance, and directory integration challenges facing organizations that want to use Google Apps, but require industrial-strength security that deepens granularity and spans multiple SaaS apps.
“Google is committed to extending the capabilities of our web applications for business, and recognizes that access control, federated single sign-on, audit, and integration with enterprise directories are extremely important for large enterprises,” said Eric Sachs, Google Security Product Manager. “We welcome Symplified’s initiative to provide advanced security and compliance management capabilities for Google Apps, which enable organizations in highly regulated industries to take greater advantage of the powerful on-demand collaboration capabilities we offer.”
Security and Audit for Cloud Collaboration
To help enterprises with specific security, audit, and compliance needs, SinglePoint natively integrates Google Apps with on-premise identity infrastructures including LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory, databases, and portals. SinglePoint provides a full complement of access management capabilities for Google Apps that meet the requirements for regulated environments including the financial services, pharmaceutical, and high technology industries. These include:
- Policy-based granular controls to restrict which users can access individual resources and data, adding critical granular access control and authorization to identity federation
- Maintaining a detailed audit trail of which users access specific resources and data
- The ability to enforce Chinese wall security policies for access to applications and data across organizational units for compliance
- A Cloud SSO capability that extends Google Apps user credentials to any Cloud or SaaS application that supports SAML or HTTP logins. Authenticating users using Google Apps credentials enables ‘one-to-many’ authentication and access control to Google Apps and dozens of other SaaS applications, like Salesforce.com, Concur and Taleo, without re-entering their username and password, reducing password fatigue and resets
- A SSO solution that bridges both public Cloud and private Clouds enabling consistent policies across both domains
- Persona mapping of identity that reconciles different usernames required to access internal enterprise resources and Google Apps. For example, user firstname.lastname@example.org can sign in at the SinglePoint portal, and automatically be authenticated to Google Apps without having to use his email@example.com alias.
Symplified has also joined the Google Enterprise PartnerTM program to facilitate continued collaboration and integration between Symplified and Google.
“Google Apps is one of the leading online collaboration suites based on its ease-of-use and powerful functionality, yet some enterprises seek additional ways to increase security over Cloud apps and data, starting with access control and compliance,” said Eric Olden, Founder and CEO of Symplified. “SinglePoint provides granular access control, ironclad auditing, and simplified single sign-on that make Google Apps even more enterprise-ready. We are excited to join the Google Enterprise Partner program and announce this integration as the first of Symplified’s many collaboration initiatives with Google.”
Symplified provides the Trust Fabric of the Cloud – integrating enterprise security policies and administration with Cloud apps and data. The company has developed SinglePoint™ — an identity and access management solution, available either on premises via an appliance or in the Cloud as a security proxy, that provides access management, authentication, Single Sign On (SSO), federation, auditing, compliance and administration. Symplified’s founding management team also created Securant, which pioneered the market for Web access management software and SAML/AuthXML federation and was acquired for $140M by RSA Security. Venture funding for Symplified was provided by Granite Ventures and Allegis Capital. Symplified is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado.